Monday, April 23, 2012

Simple retouch book holder

So this week I made a quick trip to the Salvation army and to Good Wills again. I came across a few home decor items that I end up picking up. Of course as usual, I end up coming back home with more than I plan on purchasing, but it was ok because I got everything under a good budget (which I feel guilty about it sometime).

One of the item that I found was a curtain rack holder. I'm not really sure what exactly you would call it (if you do, please leave a comment below), but I know that it is use for the curtain rack; the kind where you'll have to drill it and hang it on the wall and that explain the two big hole in the center of it. Well I've been trying to find a few book holders to put on the shelves, but gosh I have to admit, those things are pretty expensive. So when I came across these my husband suggest that maybe I should purchase them and use it as a book holder since they're only .79 cents a piece which is pretty cheap. It was an awesome idea because it doesn't cost me a lot at all. After a whole day of thrift finding, I came home and decided to do some paint retouch on it since the color kind of wear off a little. In the pictures below you can't really see the color of it, but it was just a very neutral color with a little bit of white wash. I didn't do anything much to it. What I did was just repaint the whole thing white and let it dry. Just very simple. I thought that I'll go white and later on if I want to paint it a different color, I can just simply go over the white with another color. It took me about an hour and 30 minutes because I have to coat it 3-4 layers of paint to make sure it is well cover. Overall, it was a quick and simple DIY and cost me no more than $2.


Just regular non-gloss white paint. I purchase these from Walmart (for my canvas).
I have to give some credit to Benjamin- my awesome husband for the photos.

He decided to be creative :) It was his first time behind the lens and he did a pretty good job.




After all, they make a pretty nice decor and books holder on the shelf. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment