Monday, April 16, 2012

Thrift hanger transformation- DIY project

This week I left the house to do some thrift shopping. I chose the perfect day to go because I found a lot of stuff and brought it home with me. My intention of going thrift shopping this week was to go and  find a few old home decor and furniture so that way I can do some DIY projects. The first stop that I made was at Good Wills since it was closer to my apartment. There was a huge sale going on and everything was 50-70 percent off. I bought about 5-6 items that would have cost me about $12-$17; for each items is about $2-$3 a piece, but with the discount off I got everything altogether for only $6. Each items was only .50 cents a piece. After that I stop by at the Arc store, but couldn't find anything that I wanted. I came back home feeling satisfy.

So this week finding, one of the items that I bought was a old wood wall hanger. Its just a very plain piece that I pick it up while looking around. I've been trying to look for pieces like this for the past months something for my necklaces, but can never find any. Luckily I found one that day.


So what I did was I use some of the leftover black paint that I bought a while ago and just paint it all over the hanger. I could've use a different and more feminine color of choices, but because most of the furniture are black and because of my husband; I decided to go with black.  Of course I have to go over it a few coats to darken it and make sure that I get all of the spots that I miss. After letting it  dry over night, the outcome of it turn out to be pretty nice and decent.
Here's a another photo of the finish project after putting it up on the wall inside the closet. Nothing special about it. The black paint made it a little bit more modern looking. What I love about it is that the hanger is very simple, its adjustable, and it doesn't cost me much at all. Yes I got it for .50 cent and that was a great deal compare to spending $15-$25+ for a really well made one at Walmart or Target. I'm pretty satisfy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment